Sambaland

Commentary on my life in Brasil

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Uncoordinated feet..

Well it's been six months with my feet on the ground here in Sao Paulo, and my feet still feel like two blocks of lead.
Even the most obese, ungainly, seemingly motionless Brazilian seems to be able to dance Samba without having to think about it. It must be something which has to be learned from birth. Large boisterous parties which carry on late into the night here often include kids. They pick it up. It's there....
Well - I'm getting there. Probably will have the knack of it by the time it's time to move on. Just can't keep away from the music here though. Young kids, who in other countries would be forming alternative rock bands and creating unbearable noise here sit down with their friends and improvise classic Sambas, or elaborate with Pagode, Samba Rock, or other interesting spin-offs. It is a pleasure to witness. But the dancing.... ah.. perhaps I should have paid more attention in aerobics classes 10 years ago.

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger gracelandwest said...

Hmmm...I can relate to that. Sadly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home