Sambaland

Commentary on my life in Brasil

Monday, June 12, 2006

Blah Blah Blah

Is it just me? Or do people here just love to talk? A lot. About whatever. Doesn't matter. Just shoot the shit. Hear your voice. Get to know your neighbor/colleague/random person on the street. There's something nice about it. A lack of inhibitions. Reaching out to the person nearest you and forming a bond which you both know is impermanent. No fear of "oh my god will they want to be friends/ask for my number?". It's rather nice. Have a chat, shake hands, blow a kiss, and go your separate ways. And it's all real, somehow. More real than when I go home and the people in shops are just artificially nice: "How ARE you? Have a nice DAY!" More reasons to stay....

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger gracelandwest said...

Do they especially talk that much very early in the morning? This place is really for you!
Trace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home