Sambaland

Commentary on my life in Brasil

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Unique Revisited...

Those of you who know of my life in Brasil understand my hang-up with kids Birthday parties here. Today was "unique". The party was hosted at what is possibly the hottest "art" hotel in Brasil, by a popular local model & her husband who I understand is the owner of the place. It is these surral afternoons that I will probably remember most after my time here is up. I have never seen so many beautiful people all in one place. I have never seen such an amazing buffet either: sushi, fresh home-made pasta, a dessert buffet with every treat imaginable for the kids, and a mountain of chocolate boxes from the most posh chocolate shop to be found in Sao Paulo. A small troupe of actors arrived to act out the story of Cinderella interactively, and there were automated rides, video games, and the most expensive craft I have seen yet - decorate your own ball-cap or handbag. The Parabens table was adorned with a larger-than-life dollhouse and all the little creatures from cinderella were scattered all over it. The cake was actually a castle. You couldn't see the Birthday girl for all the stuff around her. For me it was a little bit of alright - whatever drink your heart desired, and trendy single-size electric blue bottles of Pommery champagne into which once uncorked blue & silver straws were inserted. Think soda shop with a very expensive twist. Never hurts when you have to make inane conversation in a language not your own. Highlights today: my favourite mummy telling me to go shopping for "that" underwear (the modelesque woman in question had on a Grecian toga-like dress in white jersey underneath which I could see some ruffled thong-like apparatus) and seeing the butt crack and a great deal of the butt of a mother who had on trousers which were just TOO low cut. Nice....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home