Sambaland

Commentary on my life in Brasil

Monday, June 19, 2006

Flags



Never in my life have I seen so much of Brazil on the streets here (yes I know I've already written a post on it), but I have been in complete awe these past days with the spirit of ALL walks of life, not just those wealthy enough to buy the STUFF.
The favelas (slums) here are showing more spirit than most of the wealthier neighborhoods. Our little street has two mangy flags hanging from what look like washing lines. But the favelas; they are something else. Spirit, flags, fireworks, and pure energy over their national team making them proud to be Brazilian.

3 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger gracelandwest said...

Great photos. T.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger gracelandwest said...

Hey, who took these wonderful photos? :-)
Trace

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday too yooou...
Happy Biirrtthhddaaay, Aundropov Gorbechov!!
Happy Birthday too yooouu!!

... and many more!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home