Sambaland

Commentary on my life in Brasil

Monday, November 28, 2005

Wax

Just when you thought they couldn't rip any more hair off your loins, they always find another spot where a spare hair lurks. I guess you can tie this blog in with the whole clean obsession meditation. There is no easier way to keep your nether regions spotlessly clean then to remove every tiny little stray hair that ever tried to grow there. And Brazilians are obsessed with clean & tidy. The first time I visited my lovely lady down at the Cabeleileiros (hair dresser), she asked me to disrobe, took a good look at me, and sighed: "Americans". Proudly did away with what I thought was a great deal of untidiness, and then said that she would do a proper job the next time I came in. "Don't you feel CLEANER?" she said. I just felt naked. Pre-adolescent, almost. But the next time she had the wax on before I even knew where she was putting it - and oh darling, just turn over now - it will be so much more hytgenic this way. Now I know how a gay man feels. I'm just going to leave it at that. So going Brazilian is interesting - an experience for sure. But an addiction? Time will tell. All I know is that for the time being, there is a lovely lady waiting for me with a hot pot of wax every month and a big knowing smile on her face.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger gracelandwest said...

Honestly, I don't know how to respond to this one. CREEPY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home