Sambaland

Commentary on my life in Brasil

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ice Cream

Ok, so I wanted to write first about the weird weather we have been having here. It has been fluctuating on a daily basis between 10 degrees and 25 degrees. Right now I'm sitting here in my dead-of-winter sweater and heavy wool socks, and my fingers are still turning blue. My body is confused, and my head feels like it has been stuffed with cotton wool. JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND, Sao Paulo!! It would be nice to know whether or not I should go to the beach this weekend.... and if I DO decide to go to know whether or not I will freeze my ass off.
That feels better.
Now. I wanted to write about my unreal big city small town Ice Cream experience. Yesterday, Jasper came out of school very upset. It appeared that his friend wanted him dead, and this somehow disturbed him. So as the weather had decided to co-operate for the moment, I thought an ice-cream would calm his fears that death could come by way of a mate's casual whim. We thought carefully about what ice-cream (if you could call it that) treat would be most desireable, and went for the twister lime green and candy floss pink creation. Once the treat was in the little man's (literally) hot hands, I opened my bag to pay, and, lo and behold, the cupboard was bare. I was amazed when the ice cream vendor smiled, nodded, and told me to come back and pay him next time. Anytime. He took my first name. That's it. Unreal. Savy. He has won a customer for life, and has dashed my most recent attempts to keep sweets to a minimum. Damn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home